Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Crossroads in Business

Coming to crossroads in your business plans is never an easy time period.  Businesses will always have up and down periods and you have to make adjustments to things that change around you.  I am coming upon my second year celebration and making plans for the coming year so it is review and reflect time and starting goals for upcoming year.

Recently a bigger box store opened down the road from my shop and it has affected my business some, not much but I do notice some changes and I am making adjustments accordingly.

I have much to ponder as I am trying to expand to the next level by adjusting my inventory to include more top selling items, expanding my online sales, considering options for a permanent location, expanding the size of my location for storage, and adjusting my plan for processing new items alone or if I am stable enough to hire staff, and increasing my marketing.  As my store grows and changes my older ways of completing these tasks are becoming more a challenge so now I must find a way to expand yet remain stable.  Biggest challenge is having the capital to make the choices I need to make, but since having enough capital is always a challenge for small business, I have to find something that works for both and that requires creative thinking. 

I have gotten a lot of inspirational words today to help in my planning for the upcoming year so I want to share them.  All entrepreneurs are searching for the opportunity to prove to themselves they are something more than they believe.  I do this each day and may be my worse critic which can be self sabotage if you allow it.  I am now in the researching phase of this planning and it is much like the research for a business plan.  Each business must grow and have slower periods to reflect and grow again.  They only continue to grow when you continue to make choices that allow for growth.  So review your original purpose on your business plan, refocus your thoughts, surround your self with positive business owners like your self and push on through the crossroads as I plan to do in the next few weeks.

Stop by this weekend and check out my two year celebration with my famous Treasure Chest of prizes and Rummage Sale outside where you can pay what you want to pay for overstock items outside only!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great article! Love your shop and enjoy stopping by when ever I can to visit. Congratulations on your 2nd Anniversary and cheers to many more years!!!

    ReplyDelete