Friday, May 18, 2012

Addtional Services

In business you always have to be looking for ways to expand. It could be offering more services, carrying new items but something to grow and move forward.  I am about to begin a new service to my community and bring in more business for my store. At least that is what I hope.  Some people think I am making competition for myself, but I think I am increasing customers and donations after they walk outside.   I am starting a flea market/ farmers market/ yard sale out side the store during the summer months.  I am one week out from this event and I have reviewed my ads that I placed.  Making a to do checklist to prepare.  I have to mow and mark off spots this week.  Then the day of we are serving free coffee and getting everyone set up and cleaning up after they are gone.  This is going to be work for my kids but give them some spending money for the summer.  They are in charge of set up and tear down.  They are also responsible for the trash, wiping down tables and maintaining coffee bar.  I expect it will be a crazy day the first day and an exciting place to be in the valley.  this is small town U.S.A. It will also teach the kids good work ethic and boost my sales.  I am looking for a food vendor to set up at the event as well but not having much luck in that department.  I have been interviewing people for months.  My concern is all the permits, and insurance of serving food.  If anyone has insight to share please do.  I will post more after this event. 




"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them.  They went out and happened to things" Elinor Smith

With the last quote, here I go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment