Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

It is a few days after the Memorial Day Weekend celebration here in the valley.  My new expansion project did not have the impact I was hoping for.  Maybe there were to many other things going on since it is a busy time in this area.  I gave away free coffee and had two people set up.  It is a start and I plan to continue to see if interest grows. 

My kids did a great job of running everything; down to set up, tear down, and maintaining the coffee bar.  Glad to know I have raised great girls that are able to work hard.  They even helped with several projects in the store that I haven't had time to complete yet. 

Overall business seemed to be down from normal this weekend.  I guess I can not compete with the big box stores and I do not want to.  That isn't in my business plan.  I am very glad to take the regular business rather than big sales to draw people in.  It is the regulars that make your day.   Maybe in the future, I will decide to close and take a vacation on the holidays like everyone else.  I did go picnic with my family Sunday and Monday.

Good news is after the long expensive weekend, that I am feeling very energized and ready to start planning the next big thing.  I am about to have my own website in addition to all the social medias.  I will post more details after it is set up.  My online sales have picked up as well.  Making me feel like all this planning is paying off. 

I also am considering starting a brochure of our local area with festivals, services, history, and local businesses.  I expect it will take most of the summer to prepare and plan before it can be published.  Thankfully my extra activities are slowing down like Girl Scouts.  Although, I am very Proud of what my girls accomplished this year.  They are showing me up so I am stepping up my game.  They are almost done earning their Silver Award which is the 2nd highest award in Girl Scouts.  For more information on their project please read this blog: http://humane-pa.org/

The next project I am researching are buying mailing lists?  Does it pay off and where and how do you go about it?  And how to set up a billboard along the Pa Turnpike?  If anyone has answers or places to look please share. 

My creative juices are flowing and I mentioned many things today so I am sorry if it is hard to follow today.  I am a very creative person but not very organized.  If it weren't for my sticky notes to keep me on a single project, I would get nothing done.  But it can not get crossed off until it is complete even if it is close to complete.  The quote I want to leave you with today is.

"There are three kinds of people in the world, the wills, the won'ts, and the can'ts.  The first accomplish everything; the second oppose everything; and the third fail in everything" Eclectic Magazine

I am trying to be the WILL person, what kind of person are you?????

No comments:

Post a Comment