Monday, October 14, 2013

End Of The Road

I keep replaying the movie " You've Got Mail"  and the conversation between Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks about business.  Tom Hanks tells her to "Go to the mattresses" because it is not personal, its business.  And while I am a business women, I know that it is true all decisions must be made from a business perspective but as Meg Ryan says towards the end of the movie.  That it is personal and what is so wrong about being personal anyway.  People who say it isn't personal, just means it isn't personal to them.  I sadly inform you that I am closing my current store front and while I know it is business, it is very personal to me and maybe for some of my customers.  For those that are worried that I am giving up my dream, please do not worry for I am not, just turning the page to the next chapter.   Some things have changed in my personal life and some things have changed in the Path Valley area over the last few months. I have not thrown in the towel yet.  I am taking some time to make some adjustments and I am not certain where that will take me next.  For now Suzy's Treasure Chest will still conduct business but it will be online only.  I may never get another store front, but if all conditions are right, I may.  To many things are left uncertain at this stage of the game.  I do look forward to seeing my current customers again at local events, locations and maybe from completing a business transactions.  I am excited to experience the next step and look forward to catching up in my personal life.  Before I sign off this posting, I sincerely wish to thank many people who have supported me the last 2 years those who stop by to shop; those who drop things off to sell; those who stopped by to play tickets; those who have helped me get supplies I have needed; those who helped advertise; those who have supported my creativity and fueled ideas; those who picked me up on my bad days; and my family that has helped with more than I can list.  I could not have taken this journey without you see you in the next chapter.  Thank you!!!

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard" Winnie The Pooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment