Wednesday, February 1, 2012

More about me

On my profile, I told you a little bit about myself as a person and mentioned that I have many goals like you.  Some of my goals started as a small child, like getting married (I secretly have been searching for my husband since 2nd grade) and having a family.  As a career, my goals have continuously been changing but one thing has remained with each field change.  I wanted to own my own business, not sure what but something I enjoyed.  I have worked since the age of 12 with side jobs and took my first position that was not family related at the age of 16.  I have quickly moved up the ranks in each position I have ever held.  Some say I am a Jack of all Trades since I have tried many things and career options.  I have preformed best when the position changes everyday.  Most of my positions have retail management in common.  I have worked in private industry, large corporations, and the non-profit sector.  Now I am adding self employed to my list.

 On my business adventure, I have searched many resources for starting my own business and I have found many resources that I will include in this blog.  I have found very little support for the next step so my new goal is to start this blog to help me and others answer this question.  So I started my business, now what?  I have many questions like;  how do I keep my business going, marketing details, how and what to expand into, and many more.  I know a lot of this is in your business plan, but things can change once you are actually in business and you need to be able to change with business.

As a new business owner, I feel some days like I move forward in leaps and bounds but then other days I question myself and my choices" am I doing the right thing since I have so much as risk"  Where are the answers to these questions?  Most of them are inside your self but sharing and talking about it with others who have things in common helps to keep you flowing forward.  I spend a lot of time talking with my close friends and family about things at the store and they help as much as they can but they have never been business owners so I still find I am alone in my decision process.  That is why I have started my new goal.  This blog is a record of my ups and downs as I go along in the first years of business.  I have some great contacts of other business owners that I am in the process of getting their personal stories to help along the way.  Some have been in business for years and forget what it was like during the first few months and others are new to the industry.  Please use my resources and insight to help you on your way if you are starting a business.  For those who have been there before, please share what you have learned. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!!!

    love it - keep up the great work!!

    LY - mom

    ReplyDelete